Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Break


I love spring break. It always strikes just when I'm feeling like I've had it up to here (hand held at 5 ft. 4 in.) and need a few days of sitting around in pj's, baking whenever I feel like it, and generally avoiding e-mail. And that's exactly what I've done. Remember this break, from a year ago? This one has been just as lazy.

My mind has been on these lovely yarns, which arrived in a few boxes. The first is a shipment of yarn from December, and it is all yarns to make a crocheted blanket for my sister. I'm about 50% done with the crocheting, though sewing the pieces together will take loads of time.

This next box is a recent shipment, which arrived full of goodies (purchased with a gift card from my birthday-- hooray!). The pink is a terrible but cheap cotton yarn that may or may not become a cardigan. The lavender in the middle was for a baby dress, and the two on the left are to mix with the remnants from my sister's blanket, to make a cardigan for myself. This is what all the colors will look like together:

I'm looking forward to wearing that someday! But right now I'm working away with an organic cotton yarn that used to be something else-- a short-sleeved t-shirt that was (I finally accepted) less than flattering. So I'm about half way through knitting it into a cardigan, which may or may not be embellished with embroidered flowers. We'll see.

At any rate, it's been a fun break.

No comments:

Post a Comment