Friday, May 15, 2009

Housing Conclusion

We have a place to live in Portland!  It is this house, which I was lukewarm about, but which really grew on me.  My dad and I went back to it a couple times during the visit, and each time it seemed a bit better (partly because of the other rental properties we saw!).  Features that Jamie and I like: a fenced-in yard, permission to plant veggies, reasonable size, room for guests, and proximity to both campus and public transportation.  

What a whirlwind trip that was!  I am very grateful to my new colleagues, who have already been terrific friends, and to my dad, who is patient, sensible, and calm-- especially when I am not.

Jamie and I have now entered intense packing and preparation mode with an estimated departure date of June 1st (eek!).

2 comments:

  1. The house looks cute and I'm sure you guys will make it your own over time. Maybe we'll plan a visit to see you guys next year at some point. Q keeps talking about how he wants to fly in an airplane and be a passenger (good word for a 3 year old!)

    I'm happy you found a place but sorry we won't see you again before you make your long trek! Hope the packing doesn't drive you too batty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Allie HUGE congratulations!!
    there;s nothing more exciting tahn moving to a new place to set up home with a loved one, seems like a lifetime ago that I was doing this, but remember it so very well.
    Good luck, wishing you vey much love and happiness in your new padr
    Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete