Saturday, May 8, 2010

Why We Own Two Kitchen Tables Today

Because yesterday I spent about an hour signing my life away, signing myself into 30 years of debt, but, more importantly, signing us into a house. Here it is! Ta-da! And, more importantly, check out our yard:

See how it has two levels? There could be one level for farming (top) and one level for living (bottom), but I think we all know that we will just have one enormous garden with small paths between the beds (maybe). I'd like to leave in the clothes line on the left, but I can dry laundry over low-growing plants. Like strawberries!

So this is the big news that we've been sitting on! On Monday at 5 we are meeting our realtor to get the keys to our house. More details about the house (and more pictures) to come.

P.S. So why do we own two kitchen tables? Because we bought one at a tag sale today (for $10!) that we will paint and use as our kitchen table. Our old kitchen table (which is in rough shape) is going to be retired to the garage, where it will be a seedling-starter table, a sewing table, and a quick-set-four-more-places-for-dinner table. (Tee-hee! We have a garage!)

2 comments:

  1. Tried to post the other day but it didn't go through. So, once again a big CONGRATS from all of us! I'm very excited for you both...maybe we'll make it out to visit you next summer. That is if you'd have room for all of us :)

    ReplyDelete