1. Spring! Look at this view outside our kitchen window.
2. That pale pale green color that the tiniest little leaves make (see above).
3. All the crocheting that's going on at Hello Yarn. Check out the incredibly ornate and lovely pot holders. As a result, I've been fiddling around with crochet hooks lately.
4. The color combos at Attic 24. Not only are they beautiful in and of themselves, but the clear colors make the stitches pop. Again, inspired to crochet.
5. All of the love at the wedding we went to in Ottawa this past weekend. Seeing so many couples (married and not, traditional and whatever) loving each other was infectious.
6. Reading German classics. Sometimes I sit down with a good book in German and get up all fiesty and excited and think, "THIS is why I do what I do!" I just finished Lenz by Georg Büchner and am now reading Lenz by Peter Schneider (and brainstorming for a future course...).
7. Our week without TV (the week of Earth Day). Jamie and I turned off the TV and I was amazed at how much free time I had to do other things: knit, crochet, read, snuggle with Mieko, talk to Jamie. We've decided to get rid of our TV when we move. (Resolution #2)
8. Birthday Season! Does this also happen to you? That your friends and family have birthdays in clusters? It seems that my fremly (friends & family = no border between the two) falls generally into four groups: December/January b-days, April/May, July/August, and September/October. Between those clusters: nothing! Now, because of my Handmade Pledge (see side bar and previous post), I am busy crafting away!
9. The color combination or red and turquoise/pale blue. Suddenly I've noticed that it's everywhere: my favorite bracelet (bought from a street vendor in San Fran), my Earth shoes, my backpack...
10. This super-cute video of Jack (jacket-wearing goatling) and Fiona (spotted teeny piglet) who are new residents of Farm Sanctuary.
Hooray for spring!

"Fremly" - I love it!
ReplyDeleteAM ReALLY HAPPY TO be at number four!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that house you pictured above, and I love the word "Stoop" too.
Good luck with your search
xxxxxxxxx