One of the most exciting things about blogging is that it's like a collage of words and images, and my favorite blogs celebrate the beauty in every day small things: stitch patterns, flowers budding, upholstery fabrics, baked goods, and (most of all) color. Once you become attuned to the tiny bits of wonder all around, the world becomes magical. This post is to highlight some of my favorite blogs, all of which I check regularly for visual inspiration. Click on the name to link to the blog (where the photos came from).

Anna Maria designs fabrics and sewing patterns. She also crochets and crafts in other ways. This is where I go first when I feel thirsty for color. This picture alone (left) inspired me to make a crocheted ripple blanket of my own.
Suvi S. has a cult following on Ravelry, an online knitting community, where you can post pictures of your projects, swap comments and idea, and post/sell/buy knitting patterns. Her orange ribbed socks (below) are iconic of her style: great color, simple patterns, thoughtful details. I go here for knitting inspiration.
#3 The Purl Bee

Joelle Hoverson and her sister own two stores in Soho: Purl and Purl Patchwork. These tiny shops are crammed full of the most beautiful yarn and fabrics around. This past year on my birthday, I went there with my sister and hubby (both of whom waited outside). Being inside the store, which is organized not by yarn (like most knitting stores) but by color, is like living in a fantasy. The Purl Bee is a craft blog that looks at sewing, knitting, crocheting, and some of those miscellaneous fabric and wool crafts (felting, for example). In addition to providing lots of great reference material, projects are regularly posted that make me think, "I have to make that." Like this color wheel quilt.
More blogs to come....

No comments:
Post a Comment