Tuesday, July 28, 2009

10 (or so) Pictures from Our Cross-Country Trip

Jamie and Mieko in the U-Haul.
Mieko sleeping with his head on my lap. This is around Day 2.
Jamie, the carer of all animals. (This is how he rode for the entire trip.)
Random things on the side of the road. (In Iowa?)
South Dakota
Jamie and Mieko outside Wall Drug, Wall, South Dakota.
Mount Rushmore (still in South Dakota).
Storm approaching in Montana.
Trip feeling long.
Mieko drooling on everything.
Driving the gorge about an hour from Portland.
Made it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your pics! I still can't believe you drove that truck all the way across the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, hills really do look like they're rolling out there! It's amazing how fascinating and foreign a simple change of scenery can be--and how easy it is to feel like you've seen it all. When we were in Colorado last week, I just couldn't get over the constant sight of the rocky mountains in your vision, practically everywhere you look. I'd never really seen them up close like that, and it was such a wonderful, simple thrill to see it for the first time. I hope you found at least a moment here and there on your road trip for even just a little "Whoa! Look at that!"

    ReplyDelete