Saturday, June 6, 2009

Westward ho! Day 6: Kennwick, WA

We made it to Kennewick! That means we are about 4 hours from Portland. Hooray!

The drive today was beautiful! Jamie and I like MT the best, of all the states we've driven through. The mountains were beautiful, and I'm proud to say that we, our U-Haul, and its brakes survived the Rockies. Go me!

The laptop is acting up, so this is a quick post from the "business center" in the hotel lobby. I'm about to find something for us to eat for dinner, and then we will crash in front of the TV. Tomorrow: Portland!

I may not post for a while, as we get settled and fix the laptop, if necessary. In the meantime, you can reach us by phone!

Miles traveled: approx. 540 miles
Tomorrow's goal: Portland, OR!!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you guys are almost there! I'm sure you'll all be happy to be able to sit down (not in a Uhaul), relax and not worry about keeping to a tight driving schedule. Hopefully you'll be back online soon since I don't think I have your new phone #? Anyway, you can call us once you've had time to unload and breathe for a bit.

    Love all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're almost here. Sorry to lurk but I've been watching your progress because 1) I didn't think you'd actually arrive in Portland and want to come knitting after such a journey and 2) it reminded me of my journey from Michigan so many moons ago.

    Hope to meet you tomorrow or next week!

    Lori from Portland AKA iknitforme on Ravelry

    ReplyDelete