Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Color = Art

I'm working on several knitting projects simultaneously, like this blanket-to-be, out of scraps of different kinds of yarn.  Here color is clearly the unifying factor. 


Sometimes, though, I'm not sure whether yarn looks better knitted up or just left alone.  I'm also working (slowly) on a little scarf that is partly a lace pattern.  This is the sixth or eighth or somethingth time that I have tried to knit something with this yarn.  I bought it without a project in mind, but just drawn (as if by magnetic force!) to these colors.  The problem with the yarn, I've found, is that the colors look better by themselves-- every time I knit them into a pattern, it disturbs their balance.  This picture was taken just after I ripped ten or fifteen rows of the scarf out, and I can't help but think that it looks so much prettier this way.



No comments:

Post a Comment